Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fluff, Not Fat.....


I see my girls as fluffy.....my older son moos at Sassy when he sees her. I'm not amused. I think they are not at all fat, especially Sassy, who is long haired. 
Both kitties are well fed, but not "fat", so I was more than surprised when I read the vet's report on Cammy. It said, "Overweight Female, with healthy coat and tarter free teeth.....
 I am hearing that little girl's voice on Full House...."How Rude!!!"  Cammy agrees!
I have been quilting up a storm on the baby 9 patch. 
I set a goal of a minimum of 2 blocks a day, but am trying to do more like 4.....
Once I reach my goal, I can work on some of my own projects.
I actually finished the quilting on this little, Simply Charming, 9 patch, but still need to bind it. I'll do that tomorrow. I am starting the blocks for my Secret Sister quilt tomorrow too, so more machine work. 
And since, I don't want my own medical record to match Chamomile's, I have been eating a lot of salads, and I found these toppings that really make them wonderful!!!
I cut up some Gala apple too, and it tasted so good! I think I will try the Honey Almonds next time! 
Have a blessed Lord's Day!!!

3 comments:

copperswife said...

I love "fluffy" pets! We try to keep our lab, Dixie's, weight down to what the vet says it should be; but the one time we succeeded, she had absolutely no energy. We let her put 5 lbs. back on (she's a big girl at 80 lbs.) and she went back to running in the front yard, playing and chasing the kids again. Some of us are just meant to be fluffier than others, I think. ;-)

Love the quilting and your lovely nails!

Crispy said...

I refer to myself as being fluffy, though I don't have long hair LOL. We are eating more salads, fruits and veggies too. Those cranberries sound like a wonderful addition :0)

Crispy

Winona said...

Bren, I love the pictures of Zack and Sassy. I don't think Cammy looks fat. Hard to till about Sassy with all that hair. My vet told me that cats are like people, some are meant to be thin, and some are 'fluffy'. LOL Mine are healthy, so I'm not worried about a little fluff. LOL I finally have the center of mom's quilt done and started on the borders. I, too, try to do at least 2 hoops a night. Doesn't always happen, but I try. LOL We actually had a nice day with sunshine and 77*. We worked out in the garden all afternoon. Felt good to play in the dirt. Have a great week, my friend.