
My house is decorated for Christmas. I do not have the same "Bah-Humbug" attitude I had last year, but I am not entirely into this season! I spend much of my time pulling this little one out of the Christmas tree! Dozens of times a day she is in there!

She is certain I put the tree there for her enjoyment! Finally I just left her in there this afternoon, and eventually she came out! Remember how I could not figure out WHO took those pics of the kitties? Well, um, it was me. I was reminded by one of the kids. Thank goodness I did not accuse someone of fibbing! I really thought one of them had...I am not naming names!

My mother in love is having open heart surgery tomorrow to replace a valve. She is such a sweet lady and a huge blessing to our family. Please say a prayer for a fast and full recovery and for the actual surgery (in the morning).

It has been crazy-busy here this week. Charlotte got braces on her upper teeth this morning. She gets the lower ones on January 4th. She also got her hair cut a couple of weeks ago....just below the shoulders....and layers added. Her straight hair is now FULL of curls! It was the strangest thing! I need to get a pic for you all...the back is all ringlets of curls! I thought the girl had used a curling iron, but no...it is all natural. She NEVER had curls before. Weird.

I have been writing on my food/weight loss blog (in fact I wrote this entire blog post, pictures included, over there before I realized I was on the wrong blog!). If you want to read it, you can click on the fruit tree on my sidebar and it will take you there. Lots of changes in my diet and I am down 24 pounds since August 2nd when I joined WW. Anyway, I thought it best to separate these subjects....of course this blog is a hodge podge of everything in my life.
I won a giveaway at
Debi's blog! What a great giveaway to win!!!! 30 fat quarters!

I plan to make a quilt for Emerson's birthday in September. TJ has his Sailboat quilt here and Em needs a special quilt for at Grandma's house too!
Debi also sent pillowcases for the kdis. She does this for them every winter, and she sent them in the Spring, Summer, and Fall one year, so they have all the seasons. They love getting their holiday pillowcases every year! Debi is so loving to my kids!

She also made me 2 Infinity Scarves! I am HOOKED!!!!

I either have to learn to make these, or commission her to make more for me. My mother wants some too! They are such a classy accessory. I wear lots of solid colored long sleeved tops, so they are perfect for making something plain look more stylish! Thank you Debi!!!
Well that is about it for now. I am looking forward to a quieter weekend. No grandkids til the 19th and then I get to see them all week! I am thinking I will get some sewing done. Tomorrow is filled with housework and laundry, so I will deserve the time to play. See you soon!
7 comments:
Sent up a prayer for your mother in love. :)
Congrats on winning that giveaway! How awesome!
So funny about Charlotte's hair! What does she think? I had pin straight hair as a kid and as a teenager I cut it very short and kept it that way until about 5 years ago when I made myself a deal - I could have my short hair back when I lost the weight. Now my hair is down my back and in the summer if I let it dry on it's own, it looks like I had a perm! CRAZY! The older I get the curlier it gets, but layers really show that off more. I hope she is having fun with it!
Beautiful pictures!
Hope your MIL sails through and is feeling wonderful after - prayers for a quick recovery! :)
Enjoyed the pictures...everyone is getting me in the mood. I have not decorated for 3 years...it is about time I get in the grove!
lovely post, Bren. :) I *want* to decorate, but I have to find someone with energy, time and the willingness to do it for me. Then...they have to take it all down for me afterwards! Sigh...
praying for you mother in law this morning,
Alesha
Glad you got the decorating done...I only decorated my sewing room! lol The scarf looks lovely on your neck...and of course I will make more for you...I am loving them myself!
Bren, praying for your MIL. I hope she sails through the surgery and recovers quickly. Cammy probably does think you put the tree up for her to play in. LOL Good going on the weight loss. How lucky to win those fat quarters. I know Emerson will love a special quilt at grandma's house. I like curly hair, so I am sure I will love Charlotte's new do. That scarf is so pretty. I may have to learn to make them myself. I also just have to say that I love the dimple in your chin. You look like you belong in my family. My sibblings and I all have those chin dimples, though I think yours is deeper. (grin) Have a great one, my friend.
Bren
Your home is beautifully decorated for the Holidays.
Prayers that your Dear Mother in Love is doing well.
A belated Happy Birthday to Miss Sassy:)
On a different project I commented a couple of weeks ago about your Binder and then Card system. I just wanted to let you know that I have gone with the card system and spent alot of time rereading you post on it. While it is still a work in progress I am very happy with it so far:) Thanks!!
Post a Comment