Monday, November 8, 2010

50 Is Nifty

Turning 50 has happened and I am still feeling like I am 49. I plan to go with that!!!!
Yesterday I had lunch out with my mom. She and my Aunt Robin gave me a new camera, which I immediately messed up. Wrong settings cause a grainy look, so these pics show my inability at camera use. I have fixed the problem, but not in time to show these pictures. I also got a gorgeous outfit...a denim skirt and a soft lavender sweater. I am hoping it goes well with my new hair color....strawberry blond. I plan to try that today. It may turn out Bozo orange, but I am brave enough to go for it.
When I came home yesterday, Sweetheart had made me a cake and decorated the house with his 50th birthday banners he had hoarded away on the sly ;) My birthday dinner was wonderful....made by Sweetheart and cleaned up by Charlotte! We watched The Karate Kid (the new one) and enjoyed the evening!
I am truly blessed. I will say, as I posted on my facebook status this morning, that I am thankful, not that I was born, but that I am BORN AGAIN. I have goals for my "50's". I never thought I would be in this place at this age, but here I am. My 40's changed everything. In my 50's my nest will become empty (again) and everything will change as drastically as it did over the last decade. I am challenged in my spirit to make it the best 10 years yet!!!!



23 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday.... Welcome to the 50's...I've been here awhile and it's not so bad..

And hair color? Bah...It's just hair!!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! A positive and light heart will keep you young forever!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Bren, 50 is only a number, and I too have been in my fifties for a while. It only gets better.

??????????????????????????????? said...

Happy Birthday Bren!
Glad that you had such a wonderful day because you deserve it...
Wishing you a most blessed week!♥

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you a Happy Birthday. 50's are definitly the best. Enjoy!

Crispy said...

Happy Birthday Bren!! Welcome to the over-the-hill gang ROFL. I can laugh because I'll be joining the 60's club come January :0)

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Bren!
Isn't it wonderful that our feelings don't age like our bodies? You're as young as you feel.
Mama Bear

The Quilting Cat Lady. said...

Happy birthday Bren!
Welcome to the gang. Yes we are just as old as we feel, numbers are nothing. Enjoy the next 10 years.
Alda, Fl

Libby said...

Happy Birthday and welcome to the club - it's a GREAT year to turn 50 *s*

Miss Hillbilly said...

Hello and happy Birthday!!

Hey, don't feel bad about the whole empty nest thing. We wont have one until in our 60's now. LOL

Enjoy pampering yourself. New hair is always a good pamper!

Mama to 12 said...

:: clearing my throat ::

"Happy birthday to you!
Happy BiRthDay to YoU!
Happy BirThdAY DeaR BrEN~~~~~~~~
Happy Birthday to YOu!!!!!"

Then my little 4 yo would say "manya Mores!~~~~~"

Love,
Christi

Libby said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! and many many more!!! Can't wait to see the new hair! Way to go Sweetheart for making a meal and a cake!! What was your birthday meal?

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Bren! Trust me the 50's aren't bad. I can say that from experience! Good job to Sweetheart and Charlotte! How very nice! Can't wait to see the new hair color. Many blessings, Karen

Susan said...

Happy Birthday, Bren!!! I pray that God will bless your 50s! :) I'm a redhead, and I can tell you your new outfit should go very well with your new hair color.

~JoAnn~ said...

Bren~ Your pictures are great. Happy Birthday, hoping you can use that unexpensive fabric I sent for something :) Can't wait to see the strawberry blonde!!
Blessings,Joann
P.S. I still haven't finished that fall banner/panel thing can you believe it

moreofhim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Bren!

May God bless you always!

Love, Julie

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday Bren! Hope you have a blessed year!

Winona said...

Hey Bren, happy birthday, my friend. Hope the 50's treat you good. Enjoy your day. Winona

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Happy belated birthday, Bren! 50's are the best years for me so far!!

Rose Marie said...

Happy Belated Birthday .... I look forward to seeing what you do with the 50's and I bet there will be quilting and exploring involved.

~katie~ said...

Happy Belated Birthday, sweet Bren!! What a milestone birthday! Wishing you many many more!

Numbers 6:24-26

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Happy belated birthday Bren

Lots of best wishes and hugs, Sharon

Sweet P said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful day!